LHC Code of Conduct for Parents
Lisnagarvey Hockey Club believes that parents should:
- Be a role model for your child and maintain the highest standards of conduct when interacting with young people, other parents, officials and organisers.
- Always behave responsibly and do not seek to unfairly affect the outcome of a game, a player or the opponent.
- Never intentionally expose any young participant to embarrassment or disparagement by the use of flippant or sarcastic remarks.
- Always recognise the value and importance of the officials and volunteers who provide sporting and recreational opportunities for your child. Do not publicly question their judgment or honesty. Respect Designated Persons, Coaches, Umpires, Youth Organisers, Managers and other players.
- Encourage your child to play by the rules. Teach your child that honest endeavour is as important as winning and do all you can to encourage good sportsmanship.
- Set a good example by applauding good play on both sides. Encourage mutual respect for teammates and opponents.
- Take an interest in your child’s sport and support the child’s participation in their chosen activity.
- Parents should support all efforts to remove abusive behaviour and bullying behaviour in all its forms.
PARENTS & GUARDIANS CODE OF CONDUCT
- Respect the rules and procedures set down in Hockey.
- Respect my child’s teammates and leaders as well as players, parents and coaches from opposing teams. Parents will encourage their child to treat other participants, coaches, children’s officers, officials, selectors and managers with respect.
- Give encouragement and applaud only positive accomplishments whether from my child, his/her teammates, their opponents or the officials.
- Respect my child’s coach (es) and support his/her efforts.
- Respect the officials and their authority during sessions and events within the club and under the auspices of IHA.
- Never demonstrate threatening or abusive behaviour or use foul language.