Hockey Ireland Finals 2019 / 20
Lisnagarvey Hockey Club are delighted to host the following finals of the 2019 / 2020 season at Comber Road on Sunday 27th September:
- 13.30 – Women’s Trophy Final: Lisnagarvey v North Kildare. Click here for tickets.
- 16.00 – Men’s Irish Junior Cup Final: Lisnagarvey v Corinthians. Click here for tickets.
Hosting finals at the current time is very different than any other year and our highest priority is operating in a safe way that complies with the current Covid regulations. As a club we have been working hard in recent months to ensure we can operate safely and our Covid-19 protocols can be seen here.
To ensure that the health and safety of all participants and spectators is maintained, we have to operate each final as an individual event in its own right. This means the following:
- All matches are ticket only. Tickets must be purchased in advance and cannot be purchased at the ground.
- Our grounds will be divided into 2 areas surrounding each pitch and it will not be possible to move from one area to another without leaving and re-entering the grounds.
- A one way system is in operation whereby players and spectators enter the relevant area from the front of the Clubhouse and leave via the back of the club grounds. This is to help ensure social distancing.
- Lisnagarvey will operate Covid marshals who will help ensure that the events go smoothly and in keeping with Covid protocols.
- We have to restrict the number of spectators that can enter each area to 200, which complies with our Risk Assessment.
- As we are restricted to 200 spectators in each area, in order that each team’s supporters have the opportunity to support their own team, we are unable to offer ‘day tickets’. As such tickets are being sold separately for each final.
- Access to each match will only be possible 20 minutes before the start of each game. This is to help compliance with social distancing. Spectators are asked to wait in their cars and not to queue before each match is available for entry.
- A mandatory online health questionnaire must be completed in the 2 hour window before entry. The link to this questionnaire will be in the ticket confirmation email. Only those people who have successfully completed the questionnaire will be permitted entry. This is to ensure that we comply with our obligations for Covid-19 which includes facilitating track and trace if necessary.
- At the end of each match, all participants and spectators will need to vacate the area via the rear of the club grounds in order that appropriate cleaning can be undertaken before the next group of spectators arrives. Therefore if you wish to watch more than one match, you will need to purchase a ticket for each game and leave the grounds via the rear exit after the first match and re-enter the grounds at the front for the next match. This will be strictly enforced to ensure that we stay within our maximum spectator limit for each game which is set by our Risk Assessment.
- Toilets will be available in keeping with our Covid protocols which includes social distancing and the use of a one way system.
- The clubhouse will be closed except for access to the toilets.
- There will not be alcohol on sale on the day.
- Please note that dogs are not allowed on the grounds.
We thank all spectators in advance for their understanding and patience with the measures that we have had to put in place to ensure that each event can run smoothly and safely.
A layout of the grounds can be seen below.